| November 30 2019
Safety for the Holiday Season
WorkSafe Victoria is reminding everyone to take time, take care and stay safe during the festive period.
According to statistics, the festive period in December see increased workplace injuries and deaths. Busy workloads, pressure to meet deadlines and untrained staff can contribute to this.
We also recommend you use your work risk assessment skills, albeit without paperwork, for your family and holidays. For example:
- Check car (and tyre pressures which are often neglected)
- Safe camping or picnic areas (do a walk around)
- Check electrical leads and safety switches in home and garage
- Consider weather for boating, camping or drives into bush fire danger zones
- Watch young children closely and brief everyone on key risks
- Ensure vehicle trailer loads are correctly restrained